follow St. Michael’s Country Day School is located in Newport at 180 Rhode Island Avenue, just off of Memorial Boulevard. The campus is walking distance to historic downtown Newport, and just up the hill from Easton’s Beach.
Driving Directions from the West
- Follow signs for Jamestown/Newport.
- Using Rt. 138 East you will cross the Jamestown Bridge and then the Newport Bridge ($4.00 toll). As you descend from the Newport bridge, take the first exit for Downtown Newport.
- At the bottom of the ramp, turn right onto Farewell St. and go to the second traffic light and turn right onto America’s Cup Ave. This road leads you past the harbor and through town.
- At the traffic light with the US Post Office on your left, you want to go straight (up the hill, and the road turns into Memorial Blvd.)
- Continue straight through the lighted intersections of Memorial Blvd. and Spring Street (St. Mary’s Church on your right hand side), and Memorial Blvd. and Bellevue Ave. The road becomes a divided boulevard, and once you have passed Bellevue Ave., you need to be in the left lane.
- Stay on Memorial Blvd. for about 1/2 mile (watch for a stone wall on the left), at which point you should take a left (crossing through the median area) onto Rhode Island Ave. St. Michael’s is the first driveway on your right-hand side.
- The main building is Spanish mission-style with a red tile roof.
Driving Directions from the North & East
- Follow Rt. 195 to Fall River, MA. Take exit Rt. 24 South from Fall River toward Newport.
- Rt. 24 South will feed into Rt. 114 South to Newport. Stay on Rt. 114 South for several miles. Rt. 114 will merge with Rt. 138 South. When Rt. 114 South and Rt. 138 South go right at a stop light (Domino’s Pizza on your left hand side), continue straight through intersection onto Broadway (look for signs to Newport Hospital).
- At the traffic light Broadway and Friendship St, the Newport Hospital will be on your left hand side. Continue on Broadway for another two blocks, where you turn left onto Rhode Island Ave.
- Stay on Rhode Island Ave passing through five stop sign intersections. After the fifth stop sign (intersection Rhode Island Ave. and Old Beach Rd.), drive about 1.3 miles and the St. Michael’s will be on your left behind a stone wall.
- The main building is Spanish mission-style with red tile roof.